Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Europe combines a 100+ year track record in the construction of modern power plants with the dynamism associated with a young, lean company. The energy plant construction set up its operations at the Inner Port of Duisburg/ North Rhine Westphalia in 2007.
1 Feb 2014
Corporate name change to Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Europe GmbH
11 Dec 2013
Transfer of operations entry from Hitachi Power Europe GmbH to MHPS Europe GmbH
1 July 2013
Establishment of MHPS Europe GmbH
Takeover of Xervon Energy GmbH
Establishment of BGR Boilers Private Ltd in India
BGR Boilers Private Ltd has been established as a joint venture between Hitachi Power Europe GmbH, Germany and BGR Energy Systems Ltd, India, with equity participation of 70% by BGR Energy Systems Ltd and 30% by Hitachi Power Europe GmbH.
Establishment of subsidiary Donges SteelTec GmbH
Hitachi Power Europe establishes the subsidiary Donges SteelTec GmbH in Darmstadt, Germany. The steel construction company has acquired significant assets, the references, know-how as well as the operating media and means of production of insolvent Donges Stahlbau GmbH (Darmstadt).
Taking over of majority holding in the Meeraner Dampfkesselbau GmbH
Hitachi Power Europe takes over the majority holding in the Meeraner Dampfkesselbau GmbH, based in Meerane, Germany.
Hitachi Power Europe GmbH moves to new headquarter in Duisburg.
Change of company name to Hitachi Power Europe GmbH (HPE) as of April 1, 2006
After three successful years under the Hitachi banner, we are now definitely establishing ourselves as a cornerstone in our parent company's globalization strategy. Along with sister companies Hitachi Asia Ltd. (Power) and Hitachi Power Systems America Ltd. we have developed into a mainstay of the Hitachi Group in power plant engineering. A logical consequence of this positive development is the changing of our company name to Hitachi Power Europe GmbH (HPE) as of April 1, 2006. Shareholders are Hitachi, Ltd. with a 60% interest, Hitachi Europe Ltd. with 26% and Babcock Hitachi K.K. with 14%.
Establishment of Hitachi Power Africa Pty Ltd
Establishment of Hitachi Power Africa Pty Ltd in South Africa. Shareholders are Hitachi Power Europe GmbH with 70%, Chancellor House Holdings Pty Ltd with 25% and Makotulo Investments & Services Pty Ltd with 5%.
Change of name to Babcock-Hitachi Europe GmbH (BHE)
Change of name to Babcock-Hitachi Europe GmbH (BHE) after complete takeover by the Hitachi Group.
Babcock-Hitachi K.K. acquires power engineering division and know-how of former Babcock Borsig
Babock-Hitachi K.K., Tokyo, acquires the power engineering division and all the know-how of the former Babcock Borsig group in steam generators and combined-cycle power plants, including all documentation and technical drawings of Babcock Borsig Power GmbH, BBP Energy GmbH and BBP Power Plants GmbH.
Babcock-Hitachi K.K. is a 100 percent subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., Japan. Babcock-Hitachi K.K. has set up numerous milestones in power plant and environmental engineering and is one of the largest companies in this sector.
Establishment of Babcock Borsig Power Systems
Establishment of Babcock Borsig Power Systems GmbH as the rescue company for the power engineering division of the insolvent Babcock Borsig AG group.
Change of name to Babcock Borsig AG
Change of name to "Babcock Borsig Aktiengesellschaft"
Amalgamation into "Babcock Borsig Power GmbH" of the power station & plant engineering activities with the Steinmüller group
Babcock & Wilcox Ltd. sells its shares in Deutsche Babcock AG
Deutsche Babcock & Wilcox Dampfkesselwerke AG: Company head offices moved from Berlin to Oberhausen
Foundation of Hitachi, Ltd in Japan
Production of boilers started in Oberhausen
Establishment of Deutsche Babcock & Wilcox Dampfkesselwerke AG
Establishment of "Deutsche Babcock & Wilcox Dampfkesselwerke AG" in Berlin
Majority shareholding: Babcock & Wilcox Ltd., England